Monday 27 August 2012

Must read

There was a little boy who visited his grandparents
on their farm. He
was given
a slingshot to play with,
out in the
woods. He practiced in the
woods, but
he could never hit the
target.
Getting a little
discouraged, he headed back
...to dinner.
As he was walking back,
he saw
Grandma's pet duck. Just
out of impulse, he
let fly, hit the duck
square in the
head, and killed it. He was
shocked and
grieved. In a panic, he hid the
dead duck in the wood
pile, only
to see his
sister watching. Onome had
seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch that day
grandma said,
"Onome, let's wash the
dishes."
But Onome said, "Grandma, John told me he wanted to help in the
kitchen
today, didn't you
John?. And
then she whispered to
him, "Remember, the
duck?" So John did the
dishes.
Later Grandpa asked if
the
children wanted to go fishing,
and Grandma said,
"I'm sorry but I need Onome
to help
make supper."
But Onome smiled and said, "Well,
that's all right because
John
told me he
wanted to help." And she
whispered again, "Remember, the
duck?" So Onome
went fishing and John
stayed.
After several days of
John doing both his chores and
Onome's, he
finally
couldn't stand it any
longer. He
came to Grandma and confessed
that he
killed the duck. She knelt
down,
gave him a hug, and said,
"Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was
standing at
the window and I saw
the whole
thing. But
because I love you, I forgave you.
But I was just wondering
how
long would
you let Onome make a slave
of you." I don't know what's in
your past.
I don't know the one
sin the
enemy keeps
throwing up in your face. But
whatever it is, I want
you to know
something.
Jesus Christ was
standing at the window and He saw the
whole
thing. But
because He loves you, He
is ready
to forgive you. Perhaps He's
wondering how
long you'll let the enemy
make a
slave out of you. The
great thing about
God is that He not only
forgives,
but He forgets

0 comments:

Post a Comment